Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 48
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.