Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pumpkin Bread III from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar and oil using electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and beat lightly.
- Add flour, then baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and nuts if desired.
- Mix well.
- Pour into two baking pans sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean from the center, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
- Chopped walnuts, are particularly good in this bread, but your favorite nuts will do.
- If cooking in a Dutch oven, preheat with about 14 charcoal briquettes, with about 10 or 11 on top and 3 or 4 on the bottom. If you're cooking outdoors, you'll have to use a hand mixer or a strong arm with the spoon.