Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 8 muffins
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup cooked or canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup dark or golden raisins
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar (or honey), baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Mix to blend.
- Add the orange juice, oil, egg, pumpkin, and raisins.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are mixed.
- Pour into lightly oiled muffin tins.
- Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
One muffin equals:
- 105 calories
- Exchange value: 1 bread | ½ fruit | ½ fat