Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Midwest Living
- Prep: 15 minutes | Marinate: 8 to 24 hours | Cook: 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high
- Makes 16 sandwiches (2 per person, for party of eight)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp kosher or sea salt or ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground white pepper or black pepper
- 3 to 3½ lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 16 small cocktail buns, split and toasted
- Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney
- leaf lettuce (optional)
- For dry rub: in a large plastic storage bag, combine chili powder, paprika, oregano, curry powder, onion powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Trim from meat.
- Place meat in plastic storage bag.
- Seal bag and shake so the dry rub completely coats the meat, gently pressing bag, and dry rub against meat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
- Place the 1 cup water in a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker to a cutting board, discarding juices.
- Use two forks to gently separate the meat into long, thin shreds, or strands.
- Return pork to slow cooker.
- Stir in 1 cup of the Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney until combined.
- Keep warm in cooker on low-heat setting up to 2 hours or until serving time.
- To serve, top rolls with meat and, if you like, leaf lettuce.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Serve with remaining Tangy Curry-Tomato Chutney.
Nutritional information Edit
- 236 Calories | 7g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 57mg Cholesterol | 227mg Sodium | 23g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 19g Protein