Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Finnish cardamon coffee bread (for 2 pound breadmaker). This is a bread machine version of Finnish Pulla, which tastes just like my grandmother's Swedish cardamom bread. It's yummy. My bread machine calls for the dry stuff in the pan first, which is what I did (as opposed to the way the directions read) and it turned out fine.
- 1¼ cups milk at room temperature
- 1 tbsp milk at room temperature
- ⅜ cup sugar plus
- 1 extra large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Beat one egg with ⅜ cup sugar until foamy.
- Put milk, then egg beaten with sugar in bread-machine.
- Place other ingredients in bread-maker in given order.
- Set bread-maker on dough mode and start.
- When dough is ready, dump onto lightly floured surface.
- Slice dough into 6 equal portions, roll each portion into strips 12 to 16 inches long.
- Use 3 strips each, to braid into 2 loaves and place on lightly buttered cookie sheet.
- Cover with towel and let rise for about 40 minutes.
- Glaze braided loaves with one beaten egg and sprinkle with 1 tbsp.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 25 minutes.