Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Guaque peppers are commonly used in Guatemala but may be hard to find in Southern California. Use guajillos instead. This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 1 x Beef filet - (abt 2 lbs)
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 3 tbl minced garlic
- 4 whl garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 lrg Roma tomatoes cut in half
- 1 sm Onion roughly chopped
- 2 x guaque peppers see
- 2 whl cloves
- 5 x black peppercorns
- 1 x epazote sprig leaves from tip
- 2 cup chicken stock
- Place Beef in roasting pan or Dutch oven.
- Coat with olive oil and minced garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, Onion, garlic cloves, peppers, cloves and peppercorns in saucepan and cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes.
- Puree in blender with epazote and stock.
- Add pureed mixture to Beef, cover and bake 5 minutes longer. (Beef should remain slightly pink in center.)
- Place Beef on platter, cut into slices and ladle sauce over top.