Barbequed Dog ("pulgoki") is the one of the most popular dishes in Korea, and also Westerners are pleased with the taste. "pulgoki" literary means "fire beef", but it is called generally called "Korean barbecue". Thin, tender slices of Beef are marinated in a sauce and cooked over a hot charcoal grill at table. If it is made with pork, the recipe will be slightly different because of the bad smell of pork. Usually Korean pork barbeque needs red pepper paste and lots of ginger.
- ½ lb beef rib steak
- roasted sesame oil
- 9 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- vegetables ( onion,green pepper, green onion, eggplant, or pumpkin slices)
- 4 cups (1 – 2) medium apples, quartered and sliced or ½ can of Coke
- 1 oz ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 oz garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups soy sauce
- ½ cup cooking wine
- 6 oz sugar
- ½ tbsp. msg
- Slice the beef thinly and make it tender using knife.
- Pour the coke and sugar to beef and mix well until the meat softens.
- Mix the marinated beef with the soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, msg, and sesame salt and let it stay for 2 hours.
- Broil the seasoned beef over hot grill (hint: when using oven, 570°F for 10 minutes is good).