Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken with walnuts. Serves 4 people.
- 500 – 600 g chicken
- 3 – 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup peeled walnuts
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 – 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 5 – 6 cups water
- Simmer chicken in water seasoned with salt to taste until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from cooking water, reserving 1-cup stock.
- Cool chicken slightly, then cut into 4 portions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and saute until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add vinegar, garlic, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook until warm.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces.