Chicken with walnuts. Serves 4 people.
- 500 – 600 g chicken
- 3 – 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup peeled walnuts
- 5 – 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 – 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 5 – 6 cups water
- Simmer chicken in water seasoned with salt to taste until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from cooking water, reserving 1-cup stock.
- Cool chicken slightly, then cut into 4 portions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and saute until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken pieces and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add vinegar, garlic, walnuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and cook until warm.
- Spoon sauce over chicken pieces.