Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ham shank
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1½ tsp oregano leaves, crumbled fine
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed, cut lengthwise in 8 wedges
- 1 large red onion cut in 8 wedges
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut in 1 inch slices
- Stir seasoning mixture in a small bowl until blended, set aside.
- With sharp knife score diamond pattern in ham shank almost to meat.
- Brush entire ham shank with seasoning mixture.
- Place on rack in roasting pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Unwrap meat and roast 2 hours.
- Add potatoes and onion wedges to roasting pan and brush with drippings.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Add squash, brush with drippings and continue to roast 45 minutes (meat should roast total of 35 minutes per pound) or until done and vegetables are tender.
- Let meat stand 15 minutes before slicing.