Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- ham shank
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1½ tsp oregano leaves, crumbled fine
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, scrubbed, cut lengthwise in 8 wedges
- 1 large red onion cut in 8 wedges
- 1 yellow summer squash, cut in 1 inch slices
- Stir seasoning mixture in a small bowl until blended, set aside.
- With sharp knife score diamond pattern in ham shank almost to meat.
- Brush entire ham shank with seasoning mixture.
- Place on rack in roasting pan and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Unwrap meat and roast 2 hours.
- Add potatoes and onion wedges to roasting pan and brush with drippings.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Add squash, brush with drippings and continue to roast 45 minutes (meat should roast total of 35 minutes per pound) or until done and vegetables are tender.
- Let meat stand 15 minutes before slicing.