- Brown pork
- Add onions, then sauté until onions are soft. Pour off fat as it accumulates.
- Stir in chile, raisins and sugar.
- Beat egg whites until peaks form.
- Combine flour and egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
- Fold egg-yolk mixture into whites until combined to form a batter.
- Roll about 1 teaspoon of the meat mixture in the flour and shape into a 1-inch ball.
- When all the meat mixture has been shaped into balls, dip the chile balls into the batter and deep fry at 350 °F until golden. Drain on paper towels.