Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bread pudding. Left-over bread turned into this delicious tea-time sweet. Using Maltese bread or a crusty loaf will give better results.
- approximately 800 g of two-day-old bread
- 1 glass of milk
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 150 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons sultana
- grated rind of lemon or orange
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
For the top Edit
- Soak bread in water until soft, then squeeze all water out.
- Put in a basin and add all other ingredients together.
- Mix well and add the milk slowly, so the consistency is not too runny.
- Grease a pie dish with butter, sprinkle some dried breadcrumbs on bottom, pour mixture in.
- Sprinkle the top of the pudding mix with the rest of the bread-crumbs and the Sugar.
- Bake in hot oven for about 45 mins; check if it is ready by inserting a knife, and it should come out dry.
- Serve pudding warm or cold.