Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- ¼ cup (5 g) spoonable sugar substitute
- 1½ cups (360 ml) evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) instant tapioca
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- refrigerated butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 fresh firm ripe apricots, seeded and cut each half into 3rds
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat egg white until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until white forms stiff peaks.
- Set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk together sugar substitute, milk, tapioca, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place on stove and cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Immediately stir in beaten egg white.
- Continue to cook on low for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pudding surface.
- When ready to serve, lightly coat a nonstick skillet with butter- flavored cooking spray.
- Add apricots and sprinkle with cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add lemon juice and toss apricots while cooking for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- When apricots are lightly brown and just tender, remove from stove.
- To serve, spoon pudding into 4 dessert bowls.
- Top with equal amounts of the apricot mixture.
- Serve at once.
Nutritional information Edit
- 144 calories (10% calories from fat) | 9 g protein | 2 g total fat (0.5 g saturated fat) | 22 g carbohydrate | 1 g dietary fiber | 57 mg cholesterol | 127 mg sodium