- 1 cup molasses (honey may be substituted)
- 4 large sweet potatoes - peeled and grated
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 2 qt. baking dish.
- Beat eggs, add the molasses or honey, melted butter, and salt.
- Stir in the grated sweet potatoes.
- Pour this mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the pudding is a dark, caramel color.
- Be sure to grate the sweet potatoes just before using them as they will turn dark and not look as appetizing when cooked.