Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thai holy basil chicken recipe courtesy Foo Swasdee
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped Thai chile pepper
- 8 ounces ground chicken breast
- ½ cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon sweet soy sauce (optional)
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper (optional)
- ½ cup Thai holy basil (ga-prao)
- steamed jasmine rice
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok at high heat.
- Stir in the chopped garlic and cook until it is golden brown.
- Add the Thai chile pepper and stir well.
- Add the ground chicken and cook it just halfway done.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the mushrooms, fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sweet soy sauce, and chicken stock.
- Mix well.
- When all the ingredients are cooked, add the red bell pepper and the Thai holy basil.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt.
- Serve over steamed jasmine rice.