Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor Estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 large apples peeled and sliced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt then stir in eggs, milk and butter.
- Mix lightly to form a heavy batter.
- Add apples and stir enough to coat slices.
- Drop by spoonfuls into 375°F heated deep fryer and fry for 3 minutes.
- Drain well and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot.