Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prunes diced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl then add oil and eggs beating well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir in prunes and pecans then pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove from pan and place on serving plate.
- Pour glaze over while both are still warm.
- Mix all glaze ingredients and allow to cool for 5 minutes before pouring over cake.