- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- oil 9x13-inch baking dish lightly, and set aside.
- Combine garlic, basil, chervil and marjoram in bowl.
- Layer vegetables in baking dish in slightly overlapping rows.
- Drizzle each layer with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic-herb mixture, salt and pepper.
- Repeat until vegetables are used.
- Tamp down, and drizzle with any remaining olive oil.
- Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Uncover, and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; let stand about 30 minutes before serving.
- Pour off juices from pan into saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook until juices are reduced to a syrup, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon over vegetables.
- Cut into squares, and serve at room temperature.