Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: Approximately 30 minutes
Serves: makes two loaves
A simple yet delicious bread.
- Dilute yeast in water.
- Add salt, then half of four and stir.
- Mix remainder of flour with hand until dough is firm.
- Knead until dough is smooth.
- Divide dough (unless you want a large loaf) and put in a covered bowl.
- Let rise until dough has almost doubled in size.
- Sprinkle a light layer of flour on a cookie sheet (unless you use those silicone mats) and put dough on cookie sheet (if your making two loaves put each on separate cookie sheet) take a brush (one that you would use for basting) and spread some flour over dough.
- Bake in 400°F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until done.
- Wrap in cloth while cooling to keep crust soft.