Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is one of a few more cheesecake recipes from the VERY OLD file - Enjoy
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 grated rind of lemon or orange
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup cream
- 2 packages instant raspberry gelatin
- 1 pound cake (store bought or home made)
- a bit of liquor to drizzle over cake
- 3 cups frozen fruit (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or combination)
- Whip cream adding vanilla, sugar, and grated rind until very stiff.
- Set aside.
- Whip cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add second measure of sugar.
- Fold whipped cream and cream cheese mixture together.
- Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat adding cream if necessary to keep smooth.
- Be careful not to overcook or burn.
- Mix gelatin with hot water according to directions on package.
- Substitute the frozen fruit for cold water as noted on package.
- Stir until thick.
- To assemble: slice pound cake and lay slices on bottom of glass trifle dish.
- Drizzle with liquor or concentrated fruit juice.
- Drizzle with ½ of melted chocolate.
- Cover with ½ of gelatin making sure that gelatin touches sides of dish all the way around.
- Cover with ½ of cream cheese mixture.
- Layer again with remaining gelatin, remaining chocolate, and finally cream cheese.
- Garnish with grated chocolate, grated orange rind and fresh berries if available.