Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
This is a variant of the recipe which won the first ever Chili Cook-off in San Jose, California.
- 5 pounds ground beef Top Round
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 6 whole onions, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 x 28 oz can Los Palmas Red Chile Sauce
- 1 x 12 oz can tomato paste
- 2 x 28 oz cans 6 in 1 Tomato Puree or a 3 lb, 10 oz can
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp California Mild Chili powder
- 1 x No. 10 can pinto beans
- 3 onions, chopped
- Brown the meat and set aside. Saute the onions, celery, and garlic in the olive oil and add the meat, beef broth, seasonings, and sauces. Simmer for 45 minutes. Add the 3 chopped onions and the beans and heat through. Serve.
- Saute the onions, celery, and garlic in the olive oil and add the meat, beef broth, seasonings, and sauces.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the 3 chopped onions and the beans and heat through.