Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 0:20
- Yield: 8 servings (1 x 9-inch pie)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup grenadine syrup
- 2 pkg frozen cherries (16-oz); thawed
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- double crust pastry
- 2 tsp milk
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium saucepan; stir mixture to remove lumps.
- Stir grenadine syrup into sugar mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until smooth,stirring constantly.
- Add cherries; simmer until liquid is thickened and transparent (about 4 minutes), stirring gently once or twice.
- Add almond extract and butter, stirring until butter melts; cool.
- Roll out half of pastry to ⅛-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface.
- Place in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; trim off excess pastry along edges.
- Pour cooled cherry mixture into pastry shell.
- Roll remaining pastry to ⅛-inch thickness; transfer to top of pie.
- Trim off excess pastry along edges.
- Fold edges under and flute.
- Cut slits in top crust for steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry shell lightly with milk.
- Bake at 400°F for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool pie before serving.