This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup floured fresh blueberries
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Stir together milk, egg and melted shortening then add liquid ingredients to dry mixture stirring only until mixed. Batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in blueberries then with a tablespoon drop batter into muffin tins lined with muffin papers then fill ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.