Linguine with clams
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 50 littleneck clams
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 box (16 ounces) Barilla linguine
- ½ cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Soak clams in water and sea salt for one hour.
- Scrub well and rinse with fresh water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet; add chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and sauté.
- Add clams, wine and cover with a lid.
- Cook over medium heat until the clams are completely open.
- Discard any closed clams and half of the shells.
- Leave some clams in the shell as garnish.
- Cook pasta in salted water for six minutes.
- Drain reserving some of the cooking water.
- Add pasta to the skillet with clams.
- Toss well adding some of the cooking water if needed until the pasta is al dente and well combined with the sauce.
- Stir in remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.