In Romanian: Covrigei II
- 12 oz/350 g flour,
- 12 oz/350 g butter,
- 3 tablespoons Sugar,
- 4 hard boiled and sieved yolks,
- 1 whole raw egg,
- vanilla or lemon peel
- cream the butter with the Sugar, add the sieved yolks, whole egg, vanilla and knead well with the flour.
- Refrigerate dough for 1–2 hours.
- Then make pretzels and bake at medium heat.
- When the edges start to turn golden, they are done.
- They should remain white in the middle.
- Quickly remove from the baking sheete while still hot.