Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Uncle Denny’s collection. He won third place in a Shriner’s cook-off in 1957. I’m scared of pressure cookers so have not tried this, but it does sound good.
- 2 pounds ground Beef
- 1 large white Onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1-cup water
- 1-tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2-teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon oregano
- 1-teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 16 ounce kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat pressure cooker.
- Brown meat, Onion, and green pepper.
- Add remaining ingredients, except kidney beans.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook 5 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Stir in kidney beans and heat through