Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Reprinted With Permission From Pressure Cookers For Dummies by Tom Lacalamita (2002, Wiley).
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Minutes Under Pressure
- Pressure Setting: High
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1½ cups of ¾ inch square French bread cubes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced Spanish or Vidalia onions
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- ½ cup dry sherry or white vermouth
- 4 cups beef stock or broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated gruyère or Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the bread cubes in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until crisp, shaking periodically.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, dry sherry, and 2 cups of stock.
- Cover and bring to high pressure over high heat.
- Lower the heat to stabilize the pressure.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Let the pressure release by using the quick release method.
- Unlock and remove the pressure cooker cover.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of stock and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into heatproof bowls.
- Float some bread cubes on top and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Place the soup bowls on a baking pan and set under the broiler until the cheese melts and is bubbly, about 1 to 3 minutes, depending on your broiler.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: Calories 246 (from fat 145); fat 16 g (saturated 5 g);cholesterol 21 mg; sodium 226 g; carbohydrate 18 g; dietary fiber 4 g; protein 8 g.