Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 900 g /2 lb raw prawns (shrimp) with shells
- 480 ml /16 fl.oz olive oil
- 3 large red capsicums (sweet peppers), de-seeded and cut into julienne
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 chilli pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- slices of French bread to serve
- Slit the prawns up the back with a sharp knife and remove the vein.
- Do not remove the shells.
- Place 300 ml / 10 fl. oz of the oil in a frying pan together with the capsicum and heat slowly over a low/medium heat.
- Cook very gently for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the peppers are very tender but not browned.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining oil in another frying pan together with the garlic pieces and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring, until soft and golden.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and add it to the peppers.
- Reheat the garlic oil until hot, add the chilli pepper and the prawns and sauté for a few minutes only, stirring, until they turn pink.
- To serve - transfer the peppers and their oil to a shallow serving bowl and arrange the prawns around the edges.
- To eat - each diner helps themselves to a slice of french stick, dips bread into the oil to soak it then piles some of the pepper mixture over the soaked bread and tops with a prawn.