- Put oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- When hot add the onions and tomatoes.
- Cook on a high heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to moderate and add peanut butter, creaming well into the sauce with half of the water.
- Stir well and allow to cook, bubbling gently, for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining water, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Wash and finely chop the fresh spinach, stir into sauce and allow to cook on a moderate heat until sauce is thick, (20 minutes).
- Add the smoked and drained prawns.
- Stir and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Serve with boiled yams and rice.