Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6 to 8
- 3 cans (1 lb each) yams in light syrup, drained
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In food processor, purée yams with 6 tbsp melted butter and 2 tbsp cream; add eggs and ½ cup brown sugar.
- Process until blended.
- Spread half the potato mixture in shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- With remaining potato mixture in pastry bag fitted with large star tip, pipe large rosettes over mixture; preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In small pan, mix remaining melted butter, cream and brown sugar, the pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and ¼ tbsp salt.
- Bring to boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over center of potato mixture; bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- If desired, garnish with toasted pecan halves.