Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 6 to 8
- 3 cans (1 lb each) yams in light syrup, drained
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In food processor, purée yams with 6 tbsp melted butter and 2 tbsp cream; add eggs and ½ cup brown sugar.
- Process until blended.
- Spread half the potato mixture in shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- With remaining potato mixture in pastry bag fitted with large star tip, pipe large rosettes over mixture; preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In small pan, mix remaining melted butter, cream and brown sugar, the pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and ¼ tbsp salt.
- Bring to boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Spoon over center of potato mixture; bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- If desired, garnish with toasted pecan halves.