Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cake with plums. A Romanian favorite.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 10 oz / 300 g flour
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or margarine
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- 5 yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 2 lbs / 1 kg peeled and pitted plums
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- shortening for the pan
- Peel and pit 2 lbs of plums, sprinkle with some sugar and cinnammon and let rest.
- Make a dough out of 10 oz / 300 g Sugar, 5 oz / 150 g butter, 3 yolks and 10 oz / 300 g flour.
- Knead well, roll into a finger thick sheet.
- Place this sheet into the greased pan and put the well drained plums over it.
- Pour the following mixture on top of the plums.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream mixed with 2 yolks, 4 oz / 100 g sugar and 2 whipped egg whites.
- Bake at medium heat. Serve cut into squares or rectangles.