Cake with plums. A Romanian favorite.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 10 oz / 300 g flour
- 5 oz / 150 g butter or margarine
- 14 oz / 400 g confectioner's sugar
- 5 yolks
- 2 egg whites
- 2 lbs / 1 kg peeled and pitted plums
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- shortening for the pan
- Peel and pit 2 lbs of plums, sprinkle with some sugar and cinnammon and let rest.
- Make a dough out of 10 oz / 300 g Sugar, 5 oz / 150 g butter, 3 yolks and 10 oz / 300 g flour.
- Knead well, roll into a finger thick sheet.
- Place this sheet into the greased pan and put the well drained plums over it.
- Pour the following mixture on top of the plums.
- 2 tablespoons sour cream mixed with 2 yolks, 4 oz / 100 g sugar and 2 whipped egg whites.
- Bake at medium heat. Serve cut into squares or rectangles.