Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- Caramel Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Praline Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Caramel Syrup: Heat Sugar in medium skillet over medium heat until it begins to melt and turn golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until Sugar caramelizes. Carefully stir in water; stir to dissolve lumps. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Set aside.
- Praline Pancakes: Combine milk, butter, egg yolks, brandy, vanilla, flour, Sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl; beat well.
- Stir in rice and pecans. Pour 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake into greased griddle or skillet. Cook until top is bubbly and underside is lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Turn pancakes and lightly brown other side. Serve warm, drizzled with Caramel Syrup.