- Heat the oil in a heavy-based casserole and saute the Onion for a couple of minutes until it softens but doesn't brown.
- Stir in the vermicelli, breaking it with your hands. Continue to fry with the Onion for a couple of minutes until it begins to absorb the oil.
- Rinse the pourgouri under the cold tap, then add to the casserole.
- Add the stock and seasoning. Cover and simmer gently for 8–10 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed.
- Leave the pilafi to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.