Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of french toast.
- 4 slices, each ¾ inches thick, frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, extracts and spices.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Transfer soaked pound cake slices to the heated skillet and fry until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and top with fruit or maple syrup.