Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings of french toast.
- 4 slices, each ¾ inches thick, frozen pound cake, thawed
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, extracts and spices.
- Soak pound cake slices in the mixture.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Heat butter in a skillet.
- Transfer soaked pound cake slices to the heated skillet and fry until golden brown.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and top with fruit or maple syrup.