Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken with nuts
- 3 pounds / 1.5 kg chicken, skinned and cut into portions
- 1 cup / 125 g macadamia or hazelnuts, roasted lightly
- 2 cups / 470 ml stock
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 scallions / spring onions, thinly sliced
- Start by putting the roasted nuts into a blender with a little of the stock.
- Mix well, making sure the nuts are crushed into a paste and then adding more stock as required to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce into a large pan and place over a gentle heat.
- Now add the chili powder, garlic, scallions / spring onions, salt and pepper, mixing with a spoon.
- Next put in the chicken pieces and turn them round to coat them all over with the nut sauce.
- Cover the pot and cook over a very low heat for 1 hour or until the meat is cooked.
- Check often and stir to prevent sticking, adding more stock or water if necessary.