Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken with onions
- 2 – 3 lbs chicken, whole cut into serving pieces
- 4 – 6 onions sliced thin
- 1 – 3 chili pepper minced
- 4 – 5 lemons juice only
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- ¼ cup peanut or other oil
- salt and pepper to season
- Mix all the ingredients together in a stainless steel or glass dish.
- Let marinate at least overnight.
- Remove the chicken pieces, wipe dry, and grill, broil or sauté them till well browned.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Remove the onions from the marinade and sauté for 8 – 10 minutes till well wilted and starting to brown.
- Add the rest of the marinade and the browned chicken pieces.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until cooked through, about 30 – 40 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with rice, fufu or couscous.