This cake like pudding is very popular in Quebec, Canada. You'll find it often in mom and pop style restaurants and is easily made at home.
The above is the ingredients for the syrup. The Dough or cake
- flour 230 g or 2 cups
- baking powder 4 tablespoons
- salt 1/2 tsp.
- butter 4 tablespoons melted
- Sugar (white) 170 g or 3/4 cup
- milk 250 ml or 1 cup
- first mix the above syrup ingredients together and place them in a pan 18 x 30 cm (7x12"). Set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a seperate bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat together melted butter and Sugar in yet another bowl and then add the milk to this mixture.
- Beat these three ingredients well.
- Then add the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder and salt) to the wet ingredients (butter Sugar milk mixture).
- Put the dough into the prepared syrup pan by the spoonful.
- Cook for 30–40 minutes at 190c or 375F.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.