Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be prepared in 45 Minutes or less but requires additional unattended time.
- Makes about 1½ cups.
- ½ cup firmly chopped shallots
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ pound shrimp, shelled and if desired de-veined
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 4 ounces cream cheese (about ½ cup), softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- crackers or Melba toast
- In a large skillet cook shallots with bay leaf in 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat, stirring, until soft.
- Add shrimp and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add sherry and boil mixture until almost all liquid is evaporated.
- Cool mixture and discard bay leaf.
- Transfer shrimp with tongs to a cutting board, reserving shallot mixture, and chop fine.
- In a bowl stir together remaining 5 tablespoons butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in shrimp, shallot mixture, lemon juice, chives, and salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a 1½-cup crock.
- Chill potted shrimp, covered, at least 4 hours and up to 24.
- Serve potted shrimp with crackers or Melba toast.