Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Garage Sale in Quinlan, Texas in 1983.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds boned leg of lamb
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ cups hot water
- 3 pounds tiny potatoes
- butter for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash lamb, wipe dry, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put butter in pot; add lamb and brown on all sides.
- Add lemon juice and allow to boil.
- Add 1 cup water and simmer 45 minutes or until meat is tender and 1 cup liquid remains.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool meat and slice it.
- Meanwhile clean potatoes, slice and place in frying pan and brown in butter on all sides.
- Add to pot containing the sauce from the meat.
- Add salt and pepper and ½ cup water.
- Simmer until all liquid is absorbed and only the butter remains.
- Before serving, carefully place meat on potatoes to heat.
- Serve hot.