Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Potatoes and Meat
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 cup minced cooked meat (beef or pork)
- 1 slice of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the potatoes, then peel and cut into quarters; place in a large cooking pot.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes, and then boil until tender.
- In a bowl, mash the potatoes (with a hand-masher or electric mixer), mixing in the butter and flour.
- Chop the bacon and onion and sauté in a frying pan (sing more butter if necessary); drain.
- Add the bacon and onion to the potato mixture; salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well, and then fold mixture into a greased pie dish, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 350 °F for about twenty minutes, or until the top of the mixture is golden brown.