In Romanian: Cartofi umpluti cu carne
- 12 medium potatoes
- 12 oz / 350 g ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or 1 lb/500 g tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Peel the potatoes and with a thin knife hollow them out.
- Mix the ground meat with finely chopped raw or fried onion, a tablespoon of lard, salt, pepper and chopped parsley and dill.
- Fill the potatoes with this mixture.
- Dredge with flour and fry in lard, turning on all sides.
- Arrange the browned potatoes in a pan and cover them with the following sauce.
- In the lard remaining from frying the potatoes, fry ½ teaspoon flour and add tomato sauce or juice.
- Add sugar, salt and water (if preparing with tomato sauce).
- The sauce must cover the potatoes.
- Simmer the pan on top of the range for a few minutes, pour the sour cream and then bake in the oven until the potatoes are tender.