Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Cartofi umpluti cu carne
- 12 medium potatoes
- 12 oz / 350 g ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon mixed chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce or 1 lb/500 g tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Peel the potatoes and with a thin knife hollow them out.
- Mix the ground meat with finely chopped raw or fried onion, a tablespoon of lard, salt, pepper and chopped parsley and dill.
- Fill the potatoes with this mixture.
- Dredge with flour and fry in lard, turning on all sides.
- Arrange the browned potatoes in a pan and cover them with the following sauce.
- In the lard remaining from frying the potatoes, fry ½ teaspoon flour and add tomato sauce or juice.
- Add sugar, salt and water (if preparing with tomato sauce).
- The sauce must cover the potatoes.
- Simmer the pan on top of the range for a few minutes, pour the sour cream and then bake in the oven until the potatoes are tender.