Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An alternate way to dress up potatoes. This recipe is based on a Hungarian recipe
- vegetable oil
- potatoes peeled and halved
- 1 large onion
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- black pepper
- chili pepper flakes or equivalent
- ¼ can of tomatoes or equivalent
- garlic powder
- Put a few tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven or large pan with a close fitting lid.
- Heat the oil and add the potatoes. Fry over medium heat while turning to brown.
- Add the onion and fry to soften
- Add the garlic. (Do not overcook the garlic)
- Liberally sprinkle with paprika
- Add a little thyme
- Add salt and pepper, pepper flakes and a little garlic powder
- Add some water to stop the frying process
- Add some tomatoes or tomato sauce
- Add some more water. (note the water will boil away during the cooking process and leave a nice rich sauce)
- Cover with a tight fitting lid
- Cook slowly on the stove top for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Add a little water, as necessary, to keep the consistency of the sauce correct.