Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- Serves: 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ cup freshly grated manchego cheese 
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into very thin slices.
- Layer half of the potatoes in overlapping slices to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the oregano or parsley, garlic, manchego cheese, salt and pepper (be careful not to sprinkle the cheese on the side of the pan, or it may stick).
- Add the remaining potatoes in overlapping slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet with foil and place it in the oven and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, remove the foil,carefully loosen the edges of the potatoes and turn the tart onto a plate or platter.
- Cut the tart into wedges and serve.
- ↑ Manchego is the best known and most widely available Spanish cheese. It comes from la Mancha, the land of Don Quixote, and was originally made only from the milk of Manchego sheep. Manchego is aged for 3 months or longer, and is a semi-firm cheese with a rich golden color. It comes in a 10 inch diameter wheel, 5 inches thick with a herringbone design on the rind. It ranges from mild to sharp, depending on how long it is aged.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 slice / ⅙ recipe):
- 177 Calories | 5g Total Fat | 2g Saturated Fat | 4g Protein | 27g Total Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 107mg Sodium | 28% Calories from Fat | 11% Calories from Protein | 62% Calories from Carbs