Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs boiling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled, halved if large
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 – 4 tablespoons strained fresh lemon juice
- 4 – 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 carrot, diced (optional)
- ½ lb green beans, ends trimmed,cut into thirds
- ⅓ – ½ cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (optional)
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, completely cover water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until a knife can pierce the center of the largest Potato easily and the Potato falls from the knife when lifted, about 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine minced garlic with a pinch of salt and mash with the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in 3 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Add 4 tablespoons olive oil, pepper and cayenne, then whisk again.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, rinse them briefly and leave just until cool enough to handle.
- Peel them if you like, cut them in half and then into about ½ inch thick slices.
- Put them in a large bowl and add 3 tablespoons dressing and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- With a rubber spatula, fold together gently but thoroughly.
- Let potatoes cool to room temperature.
- Put the carrots in a saucepan of water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook uncovered over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly in a strainer.
- Add to the bowl of potatoes.
- Whisk the remaining dressing, pour it over the salad and fold it in.
- Add the green onions, mint and parsley and fold together lightly.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and add more lemon juice and olive oil if needed.
- Garnish with quartered hard boiled eggs.
- Serve at room temperature.