Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 large unpeeled potatoes diced
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- Cook onion and garlic in oil for 4 minutes then add spices and stir for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and apple juice then add potatoes, sugar, bay leaf and lemon juice then simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Discard bay leaf then season with hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Serve over brown rice.