This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 4 med. potatoes; peeled
- 3 med. carrots; peeled
- 2 med. onions
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 c boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups of saved water from the cooked vegetables
- 1 2/3 cups of cream or evaporated milk
- 1 dash Cayenne
- 1 dash celery salt
- Dice potatoes, carrots, and onions, and to pan.
- Add salt and boiling water. cover and cook gently until tender. (about 15 minutes).
- Mash the vegetables thoroughly in their liquid.
- Combine with cream, heat just to scalding.
- Add Cayenne and celery salt, reheat and serve at once.
- Add a dash of paprika on top of each serving.