Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 egg
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup water
- 6 or 7 medium potatoes
- pinch of salt
- Mix flour, water, egg and salt in a bowl to make dough.
- Knead and set aside.
- Boil potatoes.
- Mash potatoes and add some of the onions.
- Roll dough on cutting board.
- Take small ball of dough and roll out to form small circle - about the size that fits will in your palm.
- Put small spoonful of potato mixture in the center of the circle - press sides together around potato.
- Drop each vereniki into boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain water and serve vereniki with sautéed onions and melted butter.