- 2 medium sized onions, diced
- 1 bunch soup vegetables (carrot, leeks, and parsley)
- 15 g margarine
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 500 ml stock
- 1 bread roll
- 15 g butter
- Sauté onions and soup vegetables in margarine.
- Boil potatoes and sauteed vegetables in stock until tender.
- Pass the soup through a sieve.
- Reheat and season with salt and pepper and basil.
- Cut bread roll into cubes and fry in the butter until browned.
- Serve the soup sprinkled with croutons and 2 tbsp finely chopped chives.