- 200 g cooked carrots
- 700 g cooked beet
- 400 g cooked potatoes
- 200 g roast pork or cooked beef
- 1 medium salted herring (kipper can do)
- 1 – 2 pickled cucumbers
- 2 apples
- 6 dl sour cream
- salt according to taste
- ½ tsp mustard
- a little sugar
- Peel the potatoes, carrots and beets, and core and peel the apples and cut them all in small tiny cubes.
- Fillet the herring, removing the skin and even the smallest bones and cut in cubes.
- Mix sour cream, mustard, salt and sugar together to make a sauce.
- Mix all the salad vegetables and meat with the sauce.
- Keep covered in the fridge for an hour or two, and take out about one hour before serving.
- Put a nice heap of salad in a dish or a bowl, cover the surface with finely chopped eggs, egg slices or segments, and decorate with chopped spring onion.