Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my one of my great grandmothers. Refined, updated and simplified by my grandmother, preserved by my mother, passed on to me.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 can beer, any brand
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Boil potatoes in medium-size saucepan until just tender.
- Peel and slice.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Break into small pieces and mix with onion, celery and salt; set aside.
- Stir melted butter and flour in a small saucepan until blended.
- Add mustard and sugar.
- Slowly stir in beer and Tabasco sauce.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Toss lightly and let stand 1 hour.
- Add bacon mixture; toss gently and serve.