- Cut potatoes into 3" chunks.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the potatoes.
- Cook about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Rinse potatoes under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Set aside to cool.
- In serving bowl combine the oil, white onion, Italian parsley, salt, pepper and jalapeno if using.
- Add the cooled potatoes, breaking up the chunks into smaller bite sized pieces and tossing with the oil and onion mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Keep chilled until just before serving.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more lemon juice, etc. if necessary.